Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Arte Y Pico

On Sunday Morning I received a message from natureautumn on etsy. She was informing me that she was passing on the Arte y Pico Award. I had seen the award on a couple of other blogs recently, but had no idea what it was or why. Well, I'm only guessing because the blog is not in English, but it seems that it is basically the chain letter of blog awards. The award started was started by a blogger from Canelones named Eseya. It was to be awarded to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents, be it writing or artwork in all media’s.

I personally loathe the chain letter and all it's incarnations, but since this one comes in award form, I figured I would comply with the "rules" and give it to a few bloggers that I actually read and enjoy. I apologize in advance if you hate this sort of thing or if you've already received one of these.
I wonder how long it will take for everyone I know to have gotten this thing more than once? Well, here goes:

1. Sara from IndustrialFairytale http://industrialfairytale.blogspot.com/ - her blog is new, but she has already inspired my work.
2. Diana from PaynesGrey http://amutedpalette.blogspot.com/ - for her amazing art and supportive comments.
3. Jo and Dave of Grizzly Mountain Arts http://grizzlymountainarts.blogspot.com/ - for their amazing pieces and the artistic quality that they breath into basic tools.
4. Jennifer of Stiletto Heights http://stilettoheights.blogspot.com/ - not only is her art amazing, but she's a fabulous writer and a comic book geek to boot.
5. Sara of Girlscantell http://girlscantell.typepad.com/ - her creativity and randomness is always interesting to read.

Once you've been selected, please follow these guidelines and pay it forward:
1) Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.
2) Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog so everyone can view it.
3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the "Arte y pico" blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Please post these rules!


2 comments:

Grizzly Mountain Arts said...

Thank you so much for giving us this award! It really means a lot coming from such a talented tatting artist as yourself!

Waterrose said...

Congrats! I received it as well and realized the significance for the originator. I posted it once and will just link back to people who have given me the award, so that they get some links.

I'm glad that the tatting site that was copying was taken down. 3 cheers for the good guys and gals.