Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another High, Another Low

I'm afraid it's gonna be another short one today. My household has been struggling with colds and ear infections for a week and since both of my oldest daughters' eardrums have burst now, it should be another week of the same. We're all a bit exhausted and though there are some good patched throughout the day it's rough going generally.

In a twist that really shouldn't surprise me at all, fate has thrust a streak of unprecedented attention on my tatting just as my attention is required elsewhere. I can not complain about the high level of orders that have resulted from the attention, I can't even complain about the amount of custom orders that are keeping my hands busy as I cuddle my kids, but it is certainly unfortunate timing.

I promised a short blog, but I do have one more small thing to share. Yesterday I had a seriously, and I'm not overselling it, an O.M.G. moment. Just as my husband was back to work after lunch I received an order from what appeared to be a T.V. show. I shared this with him and he asked, "Are you sure?" to which I answered, "No". Well a couple of google searches later, I was sure. The name checked out as the property manager of said show. I was understandable excited. I really don't know if there is an unwritten rule about talking about these sort of things. I know that often people on the etsy have sold to celebrities and have refused to name names to protect the privacy of the customer, but does that apply here?

I learned this morning that another seller I know also sold something to the same person/show and that increases the possibility that the item will be on the show. This is really huge as it is a very buzzed about show, that I don't watch, but who cares right? I guess I'll share more details later if I feel comfortable that in doing so I don't burn bridges or upset some order I'm unaware of. Suffice it to say, it was a bittersweet day full of sickness infused lows and tatting infused highs and I'm not sure where I'm going from here.

5 comments:

Jaded said...

your poor babies! i hope they get better soon. congrats on all the awesome sales lately!

I Heart That! Dance said...

Eeep! Congratulations, please please keep us posted on how it turns out! And healing vibes to poor wee lassies -- mine had a nasty ear infection too but no bursting. Hang in there!

*sends coffee*

JuliaA said...

congrats on the sale! that sounds wonderful.

hope the sicknesses resolve soon...

Gina said...

Well, I, for one, am thrilled at the attention and exposure tatting is getting from your work. Good for you!

And having had a bit of an earache myself recently, I sure do hope your girls bounce back quickly. It's no fun being sick this wonderful magical time of year!

Sewicked said...

Aw, tea & sympathies to the poor sick girls (& their poor, tired mommy). I hope that they feel better soon.

Ooh, can't wait to hear what show it is. I may have to watch it, just to spot your item.