Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tatting On The Runway

Every so often I get a convo or email that takes my day in a new direction. Yesterday was one of those days. I already had a day full of errands and a steadily growing list of things to tat when I received the aforementioned message. Now, I don't like to get ahead of myself announcing things because I have too often needed to explain how something fell though or was lost by the wayside. So, I shall instead speak cryptically, without too many details and try to avoid getting over excited.

What I will tell you is that tatting may make an appearance on the runway during New York Fashion Week. I spent much of the day in an email conversation that has me rushing to make a few things for this potential event in February. There are many details to work out and a few more conversations to be had before anything is truly settled and I can start being less annoying with my lack of details. Forgive me, but so many opportunities and collaborations over the past few years have turned into epic disappointments for me and the less I have to backtrack on the better.

Needless to say, there are a few other projects that are on hold while this one works itself out, most immediately the shoulder jewelry, though I think I will still try to work on it for a small amount of time each day to keep it moving. I also finally received in a special supply I had been waiting for to create a requested custom piece. That one shouldn't take too much of my time so, I try to put that on the schedule as well. I don't want a bunch of people just waiting on me while I work on something that still isn't truly set in stone. I'm sure there was something else that I wanted to write about this morning, but everything else has left my brain.

2 comments:

Suztats said...

WooHoo! and fingers crossed!

caro-chan said...

Hopefully everything works out for the best for you!