Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1000 Strong

I tracked that package all day to reassure myself that it would make it safely to New York and it apparently did. I of course haven't heard anything regarding it yet, but most people don't stop whatever they're doing and say they 'got it'. So now I wait.

While I am waiting though I have plenty of work to get on with. I have stocking in anticipation of event reaction and I got a most interesting commission request. How interesting, you ask? Well, very. Again, you know me and spilling details, but I'll give you some broad strokes. I received a message from a Seattle based sculptor. She approached me about using some of my lace for a very interesting concept piece. I am terribly exciting to have any part is her art and am awaiting further dimension details before I jump into work. I shall share more details on this project as it evolves providing that this one doesn't fall apart either. First fashion, now the art world...I don't know how they're finding me, but this year seems to be starting off with a bang.

In other news, look, I bought a white shirt just for listing photos and they look so much better with the white jewelry. I'm still desperately searching for the perfect off white shoes to do pictures of white and Ivory ankle corsets, but apparently I have expensive shoe taste and since I know I will only wear them for this purpose, I need them to not only have the right silhouette for the corsets, but be under like $40. I also couldn't find any in store and I am weary of the colors online being what they appear. Usually it's easy to online shop shoes, because I only ever buy black ones and those are always true to color.

Also, I just broke 1000 fans/likes on my facebook page so I started a giveaway over there. It won't close until Wednesday evening, so you have plenty of time to get in on it, if you like. Rather than offer up a particular piece, I'm offering a gift certificate/credit to the shop for $50. There will be more credits adding to the pool if I get more people to enter. You can find the direct giveaway thread here. I know a lot of you aren't facebook people, but don't worry if you don't want to play over there, my 5th anniversary on etsy is coming up in a couple of months and I will do something interesting for that, provided that I'm not ridiculously swamped. No, I'll do something either way, 5 years deserves acknowledgment whether I'm bored or busy.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Congrats on your acheivements! By the way, great hair color. I wish I had the guts to do it myself. I think I'd go with green.

Sharon D. said...

Love the new necklace. Congrats on your 1000's mark

Imoshen said...

Congrats on hitting your new mark. I tried to comment on your FB but that damn site is too much of a headache for me..now I remember why I never check it.lol.