Thursday, February 10, 2011

No Rest For The Wicked

Knot by knot, ring by ring, I got everything I could made up yesterday. I even managed to complete a few extra things I didn't originally thing I would be able to. It was packed, I printed a shipping label (don't ask how much, it will make you cry), then I dropped it off just before the UPS store closed. It is again out of my hands as it travels across the country today, hopefully landing safely in the designers hand early tomorrow. I just hope that the Universe really isn't trying to keep me down and everything is smooth sailing from this point. Fingers crossed everybody, fingers crossed.

As soon as I got back home and announced to the Internet that everything was shipped, I seemed to immediately start receiving custom order requests. Although to be fair, my in-box has been uncharacteristically full lately anyway. The busier I've gotten, the more questions and requests for help I have received. It reminds of a familiar phenomenon I like to call flood or famine, also known as when it rains, it pours. Along with at least a dozen pieces that need remaking, I have at least two custom pieces to whip up. I had gotten some stock made on ankle corsets, but guess where those just went, so I really need to get those made as well. Now, I want to be very clear...I am not complaining. I am more than willing to work hard to grow and succeed, but I would not be human if I didn't also take a few minutes to reflect and perhaps vent a bit about the timing.

So the Wunderkammer will continue to rest the remainder of the week, loaning me the extra time I would have spent curating it. I will continue to be a bit of a quiet mouse online and I will hopefully get the bulk of this mess cleared up by next week and be ready for an entirely new mess. Deep breath...and begin.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I hope both boxes show up where they're supposed to. I'm sure something good will come out of it all.

Suztats said...

Fingers crossed, and hopes high.