Monday, February 14, 2011

Tatting Walks The Runway

I spent much of the weekend in nervous anticipation of this singular event. I kept thinking that this might be one of those moments that changes everything...or not. Whether or not it does a single thing for my personal career, one thing is absolutely true. Hand tatted lace has now walked the runway during New York Fashion Week. It is already this morning a small part of features on Vogue.com, Style.com and New York Fashion. So far, no one, but my friends has mentioned the lace accessories, but maybe still. So I present some pictures with my ankle corsets and necklaces. The masks weren't ultimately worn and you'll notice the ankle corsets also being used as necklaces, but you will notice them.






 Photos: Amanda De Simone / GoRunway.com

There are also a couple of videos posted on my facebook page of the final walk and a link to one blogger review. I am of course stalking mentions of the show for more reviews and I will share them if I find any. Thank you to Sonia of Bensoni for her creative use of my lace, I totally want a few of those dresses and if you get a moment visit the links up top for more of the pieces in the collection.

22 comments:

FetishGhost said...

Wow! Knew they would look good, but they look great!

Unknown said...

Those pieces look fantastic! Congrats!

Suztats said...

Wow! Wonderful! Your tatting looks fabulous, and here's hoping this is just the beginning of many more showcases for your work!

Unknown said...

really cool!!

I love your greate work and that's looks fantastic!

Amanda (loves Kevin) said...

AH! It's so exciting! They look amazing and I'm so impressed with how fast you were able to tat to get them on the runway. I hope so much that you see a big response because of the show :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! All your hard work with your business deserves this. So very kewl to see it on the runway!!

Josie Passell said...

Congratulations your tatting is excellent and has now reached an even larger audience, I hope great things come from it.
Happy tatting
Josie

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

Grats!!! after some disappointments, it is finally nice for you to get something wonderful! I am super happy for you and your recognition, and getting your pieces shown and worn, and your tatting looks absolutely superb with the fashion pieces out on that runway, right where they belong!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so cool!!

delightw said...

Congratulations-your pieces really make these outfits.Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate! I admire your laces! :)

Marilee Rockley said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting, both for you and for tatting as a craft. Way to go!!!

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I've never been that impressed with what fashion designers come up with; the stuff just plain looks ridiculous. This time, though, they actually have style - courtesy of *your tatting.*

I sure hope they gave you some public credit - you deserve it, especially after having to remake everything because somebody stupidly refused the package. (At least you get those pieces back. Maybe you can put them in your Etsy shop and charge more for them because they're famous now. :) )

I'm glad you finally got this recognition. It's long overdue.

AJ said...

Super sexy! Love your tatting AND the dresses! So often, runway pieces are things that no normal person would ever have occasion to wear, but this collection really strikes me as perfect for a stylish party. Hope it does wonders for your business :)

Jill said...

wow, congratulations, what a coup for needletatting!

bySteph said...

Everything looks great! Congrats :)

Ann Martin said...

What a thrill for you! Your tatting is fabulous and now it officially has a pedigree. Sorry the experience had to be so extra stressful though, but you came through like a champ.

cattytat said...

Your hard work was not in vain...the results are stunning. Keep up the good work!

Tat-a-Renda said...

Congratulations and thank you for getting tatting into the fashion world. I hope there will be more opportunities for you, and other tatters too, in the future.

Art by JoyMac said...

Many Congratulations...you deserve this recognition your work is fabulous

Hugs
Joy in OZ

Gina said...

Way to go Totus! That HAS to thrill you! I think it's WONDERFUL to have tatting get that kind of exposure. You went that extra mile in the face of all odds to get them something and I'd be darned well disappointed if they hadn't used them so pat yourself on the back. You deserve it!

Waterrose said...

came to visit since I didn't see any tweet updates. So glad to see your creations on the runway! They look great with the fashion.