Monday, August 22, 2011

Look At The Pretty Picture

I did get some new tatting done over the weekend, but I'm saving that for tomorrow. Today I have something completely different to share with you. I was offered the opportunity to review the services of Easy Canvas Prints. I may have moved into this house two years ago, but I still have a ridiculous amount of blank, white wall space so I jumped at trying out this great idea. You upload your photos or art, pick a size, customize other options and they slap it on an easy, ready to hang canvas.

I though about doing a photo of my tatting, but since most of the really good shots are of my face, I decided not to. Did I really want to look at my own face hanging on the wall? No. Instead I picked a picture of the kids at the Ren Faire not only because they are bloody adorable in it, but because the color scheme fits well in the living room where it is now hanging. You can see that the edge around the canvas is black, but you can pick any color to fit the decor. I also got one of the smallest sizes, but we'll definitely be going back for some larger ones. The texture of the canvas adds character to the image and the colors are great. The frame inside the canvas appears to be quite nice and sturdy as well. I have seen some before with rough splintery wood inside, but not these.

Honestly though I was sold on the idea once I played on the website. The ordering process is quick, easy and very visual. I love that you can really see how it's going to look when it's finished. It's not the cheapest services of course, but the high quality of the canvas and the fact that it eliminates the need for frames makes it worth it for me.

I finished my last custom order over the weekend too, so I really have no big projects on tap for a while. Ooh and I updated the thread color list on my etsy. It's at the bottom on my policy page and it is way longer now. Yeah, I think that's it for me today, but I will have that weekend project to share tomorrow.

1 comment:

jenilin said...

I just moved into my house I am using that service to make a canvas of my wedding photo fir above the fireplace it looks great there your girls are beautiful