Friday, October 14, 2011

This & That

Again, my day was more or less exactly as planned. I started schooling early to get it done before we all headed out on our field trip. It was far too hot for October standing in the sun while the children pretended to learn, but we left with a couple of small pumpkins and home we went. Wait, on our way home we stopped by the newly opened Hobby Lobby in town. I'd never been in one, but I'd heard they were wonderful and that they carried Lizbeth thread. So in we went and I was completely, wholly disappointed. While the store was huge the yarn section was a joke and they had exactly one roll each of a dozen shades of Lizbeth in size 20 only and no cebelia at all. They has some low end cotton crochet thread and some nylon which doesn't seem appealing either. I don't know if they plan on stocking more, but at this point I don't have a reason to ever walk back through the doors. It was full of house decor and the fabric section was nice, but I really don't see it killing Michael's anytime soon.

Once we were home I immediately began cleaning the floors. Not sure why I felt they needed to be done that minute, but we are hosting a birthday dinner this weekend and guests next week so it had to be done sometime. All this cleaning and adventuring meant very little tatting. I did start the last mask I need to remake for the time being, but it will have to get finished today. After that I don't currently have anything else in queue, so it's a mystery what I'll get up to after that. I leave you with a cat in a basket, because I can.

2 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

Purr.

What until Hobby Lobby has been open a while - then check out their clearance. Lotsa beadie things. Also they almost always have a coupon for 40% off one item

rsmre said...

I had the same experience with the one and only Hobby Lobby near my home. Like you, all I saw was home decorating items.