Friday, January 27, 2012

Congrats Kid

It's not hard to guess that today brings another 'nothing' sort of post. But I will start with a little congratulations of my first offspring. This is my oldest. Here you see her in her element after schooling with a cat on her lap and a nintendo ds in her hands. What you don't see in this picture is how flippin' happy she was for most of the day after she passed her tests. She has officially been approved to begin third grade work in math, science and history. This has got to be one of the best parts of the home school experience. She doesn't have to skip a whole grade to move forward, she just does the work at her own pace, getting all the knowledge and keeps moving when she's ready. I'm very proud of her.

What did I do with the rest of the day? Well, I decided that as long as I was remaking things and in production mode that I would get one of the masks listed as a custom order made and bump it back to the ready to ship list. That was about as much as I got done for the day though. I did think some more on the idea of the stiffened stick mask. I'm trying to decided whether I should use an existing design or design something entirely new to take advantage of the stiffening and the fact that it won't need to sit as perfectly on the face. Obviously the lazy part of me, and it's a big part, is leaning toward using something existing. The creative part of me really likes the new idea, but it is still half asleep. So the question becomes, when will creative me wake up and can I wait that long to try the idea out?

So today I vow to at least run the black thread stiffener test in anticipation of trying this mask business out at some point. The rest of the weekend, who knows?

No comments: