Monday, October 8, 2012

Finally Fall

The weather turned this weekend leaving summer behind in a hurry. Last week we were still complaining about 100º weather, but the weekend required sweaters and jeans. It did, however,  afford us the opportunity to do a little fall cleaning and gardening. Of course when I say gardening, I don't mean a skilled practice, I mean I attacked an overgrown rosebush with clippers and planted a couple of things that had been sitting in pots for weeks. Don't worry about the rose bush though, it got its revenge as my arms look like I was in a knife fight. There were boxes taken to the goodwill and rooms picked up and organized.

We also got up our Halloween decorations. We don't do the outside at all and honestly much of our decorating is merely collecting our everyday decorations into displays. We're those people who buy everyday housewares in the clearance section on the 1st. With the weather and the decorations it finally feels like fall around here which is perfect for me to curl up on the couch and get some work done. The girls have the day off of school though I'll probably still work a couple classes in as the oldest is still playing catch up with new courses.

I was lucky enough to get two orders over the weekend. The shop is still painfully slow, but at least it's not entirely dead. One of the orders was for a mask that needs making so that's the task on hand today. When it's done I'll likely make another for the shop as it's the only one besides the custom fancy mask that's not made and ready to ship. Though honestly I've been feeling inspired by a few of the tatting blogs I silently visit to try out some techniques. Fox is tempting me to bust out my large pile of random supplies and play with wrapping them for pendants and there have been several other little things I've seen that I don't currently have in my repertoire that I really ought to learn from those interlocking rings to cluny leaves which have never really appealed to me, but it irks me that I haven't even bothered to learn them. I don't know if I'll actually get around to learning anything anytime soon, but writing down does tend to better compel me. Well, here's to a nice busy fall week ahead!

2 comments:

victats@gmail.com said...

It might be nice for you to do some non shop related tatting. Just for giggles...

Jessica said...

Saw your Skull mask in the Etsy Gift guide over the weekend. Congratulations!