Monday, March 25, 2013

Checked Out

I had one of the single laziest weekends I can remember. Sometime Friday afternoon I basically checked out. I'm not really sure what did it, but I was tired and I didn't want to do anything. So I sat there on the couch doing absolutely nothing of value even though I did have things that could have been attended to. I got back some lovely notes on the pattern from the test tatter who did far more than make notes, just wait until you see how nice the layout is. I should have spent the day redoing photo notes and finalizing the pattern so it would be done and ready for next Monday, but I didn't...I sat.

I didn't get round to any of that the rest of the weekend either. Instead I filled the time that wasn't taken by family errands and walks to read a book. Yes, a grown up novel. This is something I had not made time to do in a very long time. I used to read like a machine especially as a child. The amount of books I consumed was truly epic and now it's a rare thing indeed. I still read all day of course, but my reading is now online, kids text books and stories, the occasional magazine and when I can carve out more time, comic books. So I spent the weekend reading and sadly finished the book early Sunday afternoon. Apparently lack of practice on novels did not dull my ability to devour them quickly. I'm hoping that my little mini weekend vacation was just the break I needed and that I can get back to the grind today without the crazy malaise that took me down on Friday.

So today my plan is to get that pattern ready to go and also to get the listing ready to go for the pendant. I have the week to maybe get a video on the lock stitch up and just a couple of small things to get remade for the shop. Next week is going to be a doozy though. First there's Easter followed by the pendant  and pattern sale next Monday and the youngest daughter's birthday on that Wednesday. Then I have nieces to babysit on Friday followed by the accompanying birthday party on Saturday. I imagine all the free time next week will be filled with making the ordered pendant since I'm going for a 'choose your color' approach again. Maybe I should just stay checked out out this week because I think I'm going to need all the energy I can store up.

2 comments:

JQ said...

Book time is still productive, especially if you were feeling run down. Sometimes a gal's just got to recharge! Can't wait to see the pattern!

mica said...

I used to be such a book worm as a kid as well! I was happiest when reading. At some point though, life got in the way. As much as I sometimes miss reading, I now force myself not to read since I have a very hard time putting down a book once I start. I will literally read at the expense of everything else (well, except my job!) and it's not something I can afford to do very often. I sometimes now get a book on Friday afternoon when I know I don't have much yardwork to do over the weekend and allow myself to just read until the book is finished. Wonderful!