Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Two Ways

Well I got part of what I intended to do yesterday done, but not everything, by a long shot. Schooling was better, but I had mistakenly believed that exercise was a good idea on Monday and I suffered for it yesterday. I mean we get out and go on walks quite frequently, but it's been some time before I did anything resembling an exercise and I went ahead and did squats and push ups and crunches and I could barely make it up and down the stairs all day. Go ahead, laugh a little...it is amusing, but it means I spent more of the day sitting than I had planned.

The other snag in my day was my desktop computer. The hard drive has been telling my husband that it was sick for some time and I finally got a new hard drive to cure it, so it was out of commission yesterday. Since I use my desktop for all my listing pictures, I didn't get the new pendant or bracelet listed, but I did work on making the bracelet.

In fact I made two bracelets. I just couldn't decide which way I preferred the motifs to join, so I made it both ways. I thought I could figure that out when I saw them both completely made, but no. They each have their own distinct look and feel.

The bottom one was the first way. It's the easiest and most straight forward way to join them and has a very structured look to it with the row of rings across the center. The top one I did second and it required adjusting the pattern with a creative join as well as a new loop for the hook to attach to. It has more visual interest and this neat 'X' pattern. I posted this picture to the facebook page and opinion was split between which was liked better, so I'm just going to list them both.

Now that the computer is back, after schooling today, I will get these new pieces listed. I'm not sure what I'll get up to after that though because I've got all my orders finished and there's nothing left that I plan on remaking right now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the day brings.

1 comment:

God's Kid said...

Awesome bracelets!! :)