Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Recap

I'm actually having a little trouble getting focused this morning. I've had yet another odd, meandering weekend where absolutely no tatting got done. On Friday I was determined to complete my crochet project and I did.It fits nicely, so I went digging through my yarn stash to see if I had anymore suitable yarn and I found some black alpaca in the right thickness. It probably won't hang as nicely as this one which was done with the pattern requested cotton, but I figured it was worth a shot. And because I was asked, the pattern is just the outside tank from a Patons Yarn pattern that was in their most recent newsletter. You do need to sign up to get the free pattern though.

The rest of the weekend was diversions that took longer than we thought they would. On Saturday we went out for an early lunch then a matinee of Iron Man 3, which was a wonderful time, followed by a trip to the comic book shop for free comic book day. That last bit is where our Saturday went off the rail a bit. A short trip stretched to a couple of hours and by the time we left it was time for dinner and then a whole lot of nothing.

Sunday started out normal, but then I got a text from my sister telling me her washing machine was broken and I of course offered the use of ours. This meant a house full of my nieces and nephews and the entire afternoon was given over to chatting and I never once picked up a tatting needle. Luckily Friday night also brought a couple of sales in the store so I do have a few things that need remaking today. Yes, I'm aware that I could have worked on them over the weekend, but I didn't. Lately I've managed to claim back my weekends from tatting unless I have orders that need making. As much as I really do love tatting, it's nice to do a little something different with the weekend whether it be adventuring with the family, more reading or just a different fiber art. I think the change lets my brain relax a bit.

So today I'll get back to work and remake what needs it. Maybe more tatting tasks will come to me later, or maybe I'll go back to crochet, or Sherlock Holmes. I now have a plan for the day, a backup plan and another backup plan. At least I won't be bored.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you had a nice weekend!

Luv Jane XX