Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cracked The Code

Sorry, still feeling off today and we're entering day six without a sale in the shop. Of course I had to look that up this morning, I hadn't actually been keeping track. I've been far too busy with the new designs to dwell, but I knew it had been a while. The weather was a bit confusing yesterday, filled with heat and the threat of rain, so we didn't go on a morning walk. Instead I just got to work, finished up the barefoot sandals and got them and the slave bracelet listed.

Then there was lots of staring at the necklace prototype and the other ones as well trying to piece together the changes needed to create the right shape. The piece was always meant to have a handkerchief shape, but initially it was too small and looked a bit more like a bib. Mostly it just didn't look like it was meant to be a necklace and I was unhappy. Then finally I had that 'aha' moment and it was all clear. I added a couple more four leafed flowers to the sides and extended the edging out further. Then there were a few random chains and connecting pieces to be added. Normally I like my work to be made in as few pieces as possible. I really do aim to make them in one round, but this one can't be made in fewer than eleven sections. I still like it a lot though, especially after all the mental strain I went through to get it to this point.

I did finish the necklace save for hardware yesterday, so I should get it listed today. I also managed to notate the stitch counts for the slave bracelet and barefoot sandals for posterity. I'm hoping I'm up to doing the same with the necklace because it was a stitch count nightmare as well. After that I have no tatting plans. I'm crossing my fingers for one of those surprisingly wonderful days that rains new and interesting tasks down upon me. I don't think I'm capable of any more independent creativity for the time being.

1 comment: