Friday, July 5, 2013

That Sold Fast

I had the most awful nights sleep. I'm not even certain I got any real sleep, fireworks going off at all hours sounding like they're right at the window and whatnot, so forgive me if I'm grumpy and/or unreadable this morning.

Much of the day was as expected. I got nothing much of anything done save for getting the new pieces listed first thing in the morning. Almost the very minute I got the pendant with the key listed it sold. Well not quite the very minute, but I listed it, then the heart one and then it sold right after I posted the links to both online. Unlike many of the one off pieces I've been making I actually knew where to get more of those keys, so once it sold I went ahead and ordered more along with a hopefully very similar teardrop hoop finding and some more of the mini ball chain I hung it on. Surprisingly two of the three sellers are in California, so there's a good chance you'll see the key pendant, or a cousin of it as early as next week.

The rest of the day was spent watching a Twilight Zone marathon on television with the family and cross stitching another hummingbird. I just couldn't get focused on tatting anything or getting too creative. Cross stitch is just busy work for my hands really and my hands need to stay busy.

So today I have no idea what I'll get up to. I have nothing to remake for the shop, no good, new ideas and I'm feeling adverse to the idea of cleaning. Luckily there is suppose to be a slight break in the heatwave today. We're finally back down out of the triple digits, not far down, but every little bit counts, right? Hopefully something fantastic will happen today to get me back to work. I really don't want to waste any of summer's free time if I can help it.

No comments: