Friday, August 30, 2013

Onward and Upward

Well things seem to be moving slowly in an upward direction. So far there has been no extreme change of fate, but things are looking up a bit. First thing yesterday the vet called to confirm a bladder infection, the easiest to fix issue of the possible problems, so hopefully a few more days of antibiotics and I can sit safely in my spot on the couch once again.

I was, soon after that, granted a sale of an actual necklace. Of course it was a one off, so that doesn't give me anything that needs making, but still a step in the right direction. I had some time to work on the white collar in the afternoon, but I still haven't made it all the way through the clover row. It's a monster of a design and takes far longer to make than any other element. I should, theoretically get it finished today and might even knock out the rest of the collar if the winds are at my back.

Then there was the trip to the eye doctor. With four of us, it took two hours to get everything done. The oldest child has also now followed into her parents footsteps with enough of a 'touch' of astigmatism to require glasses for the first time. Since we're both sight impaired, we've been preparing her for this possibility for a long time. Luckily it seems to have worked and she appeared to fine with it. She'll likely only need them when reading, but they should also clear up her headaches a bit as well, which she's looking forward to.

Since I had my eyes dilated and then tortured at the appointment I was pretty useless the rest of the day. I didn't even remember to get photos to spice up this boring blog post. I'll get back to work today and hopefully the Universe will be with me, assuring that things continue upward and I'll have finished collar pictures for you by Monday.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

That reminds me I due for a check up!