Friday, December 6, 2013

Snowflakes

Another quiet day and quiet days in November are odd and a bit uncomfortable. I managed to convince myself to remake a couple of pieces rather than focus on the silence, but I'm really no good at that. So after perhaps being influenced by blog posts, I decided to go ahead and make some black snowflakes. I went where I always go to find snowflake patterns, Jane's page. Two years ago I went on a Flurry snowflake kick and made them for everyone I know. Last year I designed my own ornament and made those, but I suppose I'm feeling lazy, so instead of designing, I'm making snowflakes again.

I only managed to finish one and I was a little unhappy with the split chain section because my split chain skills are sad, though I suppose you can't really see it in the picture. It took me a good 10 minutes before I even remembered how to make one. So when I started the second one, I decided to climb out of the row with a split ring instead and I'm already much happier with the result.

In case you're wondering this is Jane's Snowflake2004 pattern. I'm likely to fall back on making these during these quiet times. At least it gives me something to do that a couple of people will appreciate. Of course I'd prefer filling orders, but there's really nothing for it. My hands must stay busy, so I'll just keep on tatting.

5 comments:

Fox said...

Hello! It is December! : ))

Fox

God's Kid said...

Wonderful snowflake!! :)

Leeanne Boyd said...

I fall into the snowflake making trance too around this time of the year. :-)

Sharlyn said...

I went and found this one to try it out. I am a beginner, really, can you offer tips for "translating" shuttle tatt patterns to needle tatt? I am planning on learning the shuttle, just have been having too much fun with the needle method :-)

Sharlyn said...

Oops, forgot to say I haven't been able to finish it yet, managed to get through the first round after some trial and error