Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Working

Well, I was unfortunately right about at least one thing yesterday. I did in fact, acquire the husband's cold. I am attempting to zinc it away faster, but it has most certainly settled in for a spell. Only one child remains unaffected, though that could have changed overnight. She didn't really have much chance to avoid it.

After I schooled the children for a while, I did get back to tatting up sold pieces for the shop. In the interest of trying to engage online after becoming a crochet hermit, I posted pictures as well. Sure, you've seen the pieces before, but anything to get people watching and potentially shopping again, right?

I managed to get a choker and a bracelet made up. The second piece was another that I had to make up from photos because I have no prototype to work from and no pattern written down. I know, I know, I really ought to change my behavior on that point. I could say that I'll make an effort, but I am almost surely lying. I do wish I knew how to properly diagram like some other pattern designers. That seems like a great solution for me, but I've really got no clue how they make those perfect little pictures.

I started another crochet hat for myself last night while staying up to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Yes, I am aware that it's on pretty early. We sleep pretty early, so anything in prime time usually gets recorded for later consumption so we don't nod off at the end. Yes, I am also aware of how sad that sounds. The point is, I'll be finishing up that hat today and then get back to some tatting for the shop. I'm starting to feel just the beginning of creative thought creeping in, so hopefully soon an idea will settle in and something new will emerge.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

like your pictures and hope no more illness befalls your household:)