Monday, February 3, 2014

Distracted

It was a bit of a distracting weekend and the sad part is, I can't even think of a good reason why. I know on Friday the husband unexpectedly took the afternoon off and we went out to lunch. That was my excuse for not listing the new choker. Saturday was pretty normal, but I had a pair of barefoot sandals to make as well as more things for my mother-in-law. It seems that the bits I've been making her to give as gifts have gone over well and now she has more ideas as to occasions for them. I think it might be because everyone she knows has already received every knit or crochet thing she makes and this is something entirely different. Either way, that was Saturday.

Sunday morning was more of the same. I had finished the sandals I was making as well as many of the bits for my mother-in-law, when I got an order in for another pair of barefoot sandals. This time in white, so they would need to be made as well. The family headed out to said mother-in-laws house in the afternoon to watch the great commercial fest and eat copious amounts of food I didn't have to prepare. While there, I worked on my order, but didn't quite finish it.

I did manage to get day 9 of the TIAS made over the weekend, but I didn't even remember to download day 10's instructions yesterday. So I guess this morning I'll get to that as well as finish the last order. After that I really must get the new necklace listed in the shop. At this point I really need one of those big orders from a gift shop or a hefty commission to dig out from the holiday deficit. I'm only putting that out there so the Universe hears it. I think things might be picking up, but it's really, glacially slow, so I thought a lament was in order. That being done, I suppose it's time to start the week.

No comments: