Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Motif Grows

For once I can say that I was pretty busy tatting yesterday. No, I didn't get any orders in, I just actually worked on the new motif pieces like I said I would. I started with the bracelet as I was fairly sure I already knew how I was going to do that one. I figured I'd just link up three motifs and add some hooks to one side. Well, that's mostly what I did, but then the three circles stood out in such as way that they most assuredly would curl up on the wearer all the time. We can't have that. So I went and added an outside edging on each side to stabilize the piece. It's not yet pressed in the picture, but I'm happy with how it came out.

Rather than get that piece ready for the shop I went straight to the next piece. A pair of barefoot sandals. This one took a little more brain power to work out. The original motif needed another round to be a good size and I managed to do the outer rows with split chains. I really do need to practice those some more. It was finished up with various sizes of the motif. I got the first one done in time to share it, but it took most of the rest of the day to get its twin made up.

I have another busy family day, with an 'end of year' ceremony for the kids in the early afternoon, but I'm hoping to get some time to get these pieces up in the shop. I'm also going to list the single motif as a pendant and there's also a chance for a slave bracelet or maybe even a necklace. It all depends on how the pieces decide to work, but I do so love to beat a theme to death before I let it go. I would also love to be distracted by a sale or two, you know just in case the Universe is reading this right now.

No comments: