Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Grays

https://www.etsy.com/listing/124920449/tatted-lace-earrings-petite-flower-post?I managed to do almost nothing yesterday save for the ongoing battle with the ants for ownership of the house. Their numbers appear to be dwindling so I'm hoping I did find their point of ingress and the ones left are merely those left in the walls. With such a long, hot summer ahead, this won't be the last war though.

Well, I did get a few tatting things done during the day. I had an order of earrings that needed to be made in a medium charcoal gray, one of my favorite colors that isn't black. Every time I share these, someone asks for the pattern. The problem with that is, I don't want to share patterns that are worked around certain hardware like ear posts or ring bases because size matters with the design. Plus these contain my somewhat strange method of attachment that is kinda hard to explain through writing and pictures.I guess what I'm trying to say is, it is terribly unlikely that I will be doing so anytime soon.

The only other things I tatted were a couple of Woven Rose motifs in a couple of different thread configurations. This one was done in the Lizbeth Twirlz thread that is currently only available in size 20 so it's smaller than my usual work. Threading this stuff after working with it for awhile is also a little fiddly, but I do love the way it looks. I also made one with a yellow and salmon center and an azalea pink outer layer in n attempt at making it into a flower. Of course I did forget to get a picture of that one. I was starting to get a case of the malaise at this point in the day. I think it might have been a combination of the heat, something I ate and the generally lack of anything exciting to make. I really miss the shop being even a little busy. I'm afraid today will be even more malaise inducing unless something unexpected happens, so here's to the unexpected.

1 comment:

God's Kid said...

Very nice earrings and pendant!! :)