Wednesday, June 25, 2014

More Motifs

The house is back to normal this morning as all our quests, also known as my brothers and sister-in-law have gone home. They were in town for my grandmother's burial yesterday which I did not attend. I'm sure that raises a few questions, but let's just say I'm fine and it's a long, boring story about destroyed and nonexistent relationships that's probably familiar to a lot of people. I did however love having my family back in town even though it destroyed my routine for a few days.

I did get some tatting in yesterday though. I made some changes to the motif doodle I did last week. I added some twisted picots both inside the design and for joining it to another. I managed to get three put together in a 'V' shape. It looks like it has the potential to be an interesting necklace, or bracelet, or any number of things. I love the way that the picots give it more internal complexity.

I even think that I might use the center part as a stand alone piece. With those twisted picots, I think it has just enough character to be a small pendant or earring. I might even go crazy and add some beads or dangles to it and see what that looks like.

I also have yet another day of cleaning and laundry ahead of me. I always feel weird doing things like laundry with guests in the house so it's piled up on me. Hopefully I can balance the creative with the utilitarian and have a nice productive day. If nothing else, at least we'll have our routine back.

2 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

I like the look of this one and your tatting always looks good It is say you have to do any thing else but tat I hate that! But I guess it gives you time to think of what you will do to this piece :)

God's Kid said...

Wonderful design!!! :)