Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wasted Day

Isn't it crazy how one appointment in the afternoon can completely take over the day. Of course I sabotaged the morning as well by taking time to dye my hair which I never do on a week day. That alone pushed back my morning and then I was drafted to fix a mandala for my mother. Her cat had pulled out a couple of the hanging wool bits which I image have a much nicer name that I don't know. I'm not certain why my mother thought that I could fix it, I've never made one before. After assessing the damage, I realized that I could just remove the damaged ones and shift the existing ones about and it looked good as new without me trying to poorly copy a technique I have no knowledge of at all. So I guess in the end I did fix it, but in the laziest way possible.

I did have a bit of time to get back to the prototype for my art idea after that. I played with it for quite some time before deciding that the design and shape were right. Then I pulled out some vintage ecru thread for what will either be the final prototype or the final piece. I'll know which when I'm finished with it. I've already made a few stitch count changes to see if it lays just a bit better. There wasn't anything huge wrong with the first go in that regard, but that doesn't mean that I can't try and make it even better, right?

I didn't get very far before our family dental appointments sucked the rest of the day away. I should have time to work on the piece today because I don't think I have other plans at all. Though again I shall hope for some distractions during the day. Either way I should at least have something to show you tomorrow, even if you have no idea what it is.

No comments: