Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend Recap

It was a nice long weekend of family adventuring and doily making. Let's see Friday was mostly the doily. Saturday we took a trip out of town because my laptop has been acting up in a way that potentially makes it eligible for a free fix. Of course that also means that my daily lifeline is now sitting in an Apple store several towns away getting checked out. We had a nice day of mostly window shopping and we stopped by the BevMo to pick up some ciders. I mention that just so that this picture makes sense. It was actually Sunday evening when I had this lovely cider and continued the seemingly never ending task of knotting this doily.

Just to back up a bit to the beginning of Sunday now. We stayed in most of the day while I laundered new bed linens and we binge watched a couple of shows that had backed up on the DVR. I also used the time for the doily. It's taken to a bit of a warp during this last section and I was quite worried at first, but as I keep going with the same sized loops it seems to be flattening out slowly, but surely. There are still quite a few more rounds before this section is finished and then there are still a few more simple rounds before the outside which consists of small circle pieces joined all around. So, no where near finished yet.

As you've probably guessed, I'll be working on this today yet again. I'm still crossing my fingers for some tatting interruption because the shop gets suddenly busy or something,  but I'm content to keep knotting this doily that will have little or no use after it has given me so much practice with this technique.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Wow you can tell this got larger in a short time, looks great!