Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Listed

I was so happy yesterday to wake up to a sale. Not only did I sell something, which is wonderful, but I also had something that needed to be tatted up for the shop. Lately I need an excuse to get tatting as the Armenian lace has taken over the creative corner of my brain. This is a necklace that I call flower garland. It's a slightly modified version of a classic flower edging pattern. I've made a lot of necklaces out of vintage and antique edging patterns, but I rarely leave the them as written. I can't seem to help, but muck about with stitch counts and joins until they lay just the way I want them to.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/247330068/knotted-lace-choker-armenian-lace-oya
I got some of that made before schooling and honestly some during. Both the kids had online live sessions to attend at the same time and that gave me a spell to myself, though it didn't shorten the school day a bit. After lunch I still had laundry to do, a kitchen to tidy, and it seems a dozen other small tasks before I could sit down again. I even had to remind myself to rush about and get the Armenian lace necklace photographed and listed. This is it worn loose on the neck. Turns out it lays well whether it's tight like a choker or loose like this. It's also incredibly light and comfortable. It is up in the shop now, but I'm still not one hundred percent confident in the price I chose. I feel like it should be more, but with no beads or crystals or fancy embellishments, I have a hard time believing that people with see that kind of value in it regardless of the sheer amount of time it took to construct.

Well that leaves me with today's plans. I don't have many. I don't want to start another Armenian lace piece until I sell one or at least get an idea of what color or design might sell at some point. I do have a pair of earrings that will need to be tatted today, but that shouldn't take me more than an hour tops. So here's hoping for a sale or inspiration to keep me making today.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Very delicate and beautiful to see congratulations!