Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Working

I stayed busy all day just tatting the two pieces that had sold. Well really, it was more like tatting one and half of the pieces that sold. I am still nowhere near finishing the mask. This one is the choker that actually matches the bracelet that I made the day before. I don't know what the odds are that they were sold to two different people in two days, but it made it easy to remember the pattern. This is one of my original design that I call diadem. I was obsessed with onion rings for a while there and tried to put rings inside rings whenever I could. I finished this one much later in the day than I thought I would which is why I didn't finish the mask.

The mask is actually one of my simpler ones, but all of them take more time than a regular piece like a choker because of the complex construction around the wire. Then there's the time consuming task of covering the wire. I haven't even gotten close to that bit yet. I have gotten much further than this photo though. I suppose I should be able to finish it this morning, if I work while schooling. I am hoping to have some time to play with the new motif and see if I can grow it any more.

I thought I'd leave you with a photo of one of my white cats, He sat next to this witch hat for hours as if it was his and I just had to get a picture. We joked that he wished he was a black cat so that he would properly match the hat. Personally, I wish all my white cats were black cats so my black clothes weren't covered in white fur all the time, but there's really nothing for that now.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Love the pictures and the cat is cute, isn't it funny that you mostly tat in black and you have a white cat :) I have the black dog and tat in white :)