Thursday, July 21, 2016

Joy

Well I woke up to a nice sized sale in my shop, so I'm starting the day with tatting tasks and the pieces are big enough that it should keep me away from the purple thread for a couple of days at the very least, so yay! Not that there is anything wrong with the purple thread. It's great for keeping my hands busy and my mind at least a little distracted, but nothing beats having lace to make for other people.

Yesterday was another story of course. There was no walk out and I spent much of the day engrossed in a book and tying knots. As I neared the end of this row of pineapple motifs, which I love, I was afraid that I had given the piece too much ruffle. A quick press and the piece flattened right out without any real distortion of the design. In fact it occurred to me that had I just tugged outward on the piece while working the same thing would have been achieved. If I can manage it, the plan is to keep going just repeating these two sections. One of pineapple motifs followed by a section of  small loops. I think the pineapples will have to get bigger as I go, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I'll get on to my tatting tasks and bask in the feeling of joy I get from actually selling my work.

2 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

That's really pretty!

louine said...

Love this "mat" so far. Your use of the negative space really shows off each round.