Thursday, September 22, 2016

Good Morning

Well, I was right. Yesterday was pretty much a repeat of the day before except I had laundry to do as well as read. Oh, wait no I had a really interesting beginning to the day, and by interesting, I actually mean horrible. It started off with our smoke alarms going off for no good reason. No, not that annoying chirping, I mean that loud, all encompassing alarm noise that can only come from like eight hardwired alarms all sounding at once. We scrambled around the house disengaging them all because apparently that button does not shut them off. Anyway, that sort of set the tone for the day.

I did remember to take a picture, though I can't say it's terribly interesting. I spent part of my free time while reading tatting up another couple of sets of cat ears. I still have to sew them on headbands though. The rest of the time I knitted. I just finished the funnest section of the book yet and I have to say I am quite enjoying the roller coaster ride that is Jerusalem.

I also got the first frame in for the doily gifts and it looks like it's going to be perfect. I'm still trying to work out the best display method. The frame has a nice cork and cloth background so I'm going to trying pinning the doilies in first since that method is least likely to damage the doily should its' future owner want to take it out for any reason. I also thought about using a spray adhesive to stick it to the backing, but then it's mounted permanently and maybe I'm just afraid of permanently. I was hoping I might be able to sew it on, but that cork and cloth backing is sealed to the wood behind it, so that options is right out. I ordered up some short sequin pins and when they come it, I'll get to mounting. Until then it's more reading and knitting.

No comments: